Intermountain Healthcare Food Service Assoc II - Lake Park Campus in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Under general supervision, performs a variety of food service duties.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Obtains food and/or supplies from storeroom.
- 2. Delivers and presents trays to patients using patient identifier process.
- 3. Stocks and cleans during down times.
- 4. Independently resolves customer service issues.
- 5. Performs accurate cash/credit transactions according to corporate standards.
- 6. Balances and reconciles drawer.
- 7. Knows menu, portion, and price prior to meal service to provide appropriate service to customers, including answering questions and serving food.
- 8. Performs basic food prep for all areas.
- 9. Performs cook to order service.
- 10. Follows HACCP standards.
- 11. Sets up and serves catered functions according to requested level and scope of service.
- Entry Rate: $11.31
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: 32 Hours per week
- Department: Food Services
- Location: West Valley, UT
- Food Handlers Permit
- Demonstrated ability to read, write, and communicate effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions.
- Demonstrated excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle problems and difficult situations.
- Demonstrated basic math skills.
- Interact with patients and co-workers requiring the employee to verbally communicate information, as well as understand spoken information.
- Operate food service equipment or computer requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read labels, monitors, and documents.
- Carry, push/pull, and walk while transporting food, supplies, and service equipment.
- Climb, squat, kneel, and lift to clean equipment and reach and retrieve food and supplies.
- Remain standing for long periods of time to perform work.
- Tolerate extremes in temperature such as performing work at a grill or in a refrigerator.
- Food Service or cashier experience
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 32
Primary Work Location Lake Park Campus
Expertise Food and Nutrition
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City