Intermountain Healthcare Food Service Mgr III in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Nutrition Services Manager III is responsible for the operation and management of nutrition service functions within a given facility. Utilizes critical thinking skills and advanced knowledge to ensure departmental focus and vision is aligned with the hospital, regional, and Intermountain business plans.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Implements established best practices to deliver exceptional care and service at the appropriate cost.
- 2. Manages employees to ensure that food safety standards and regulatory guidelines are met.
- 3. Monitors quality and satisfaction scores. In conjunction with the System-level Directors, develops and implements plans to achieve desired outcomes.
- 4. In conjunction with the System-level Directors, establishes financial objectives by assisting in budget planning, forecasting, revenue, and measuring productivity while maintaining a viable financial status.
- 5. Provides value-based leadership to establish high functioning teams and operations in an accountable environment.
- 6. In conjunction with the System-level Directors, facilitates all human resources functions including: hiring, training, mentoring, evaluating, conflict resolution, constructive discipline, and termination.
- 7. Acts as a mentor for Caregivers and students using knowledge and experience to promote personal and professional growth and development.
- 8. Represents nutrition services in interdisciplinary teams, committees, and meetings at a facility level.
- Entry Rate: Varies depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Exempt, Full-Time
- Department: Food Services, Primary Children's Hospital
- Bachelor's degree in Food Services, Nutrition, or Management. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Three years of experience in food service management.
- Demonstrated effective business and financial skills in restaurant or food service industry.
- Demonstrated highly effective verbal, written, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Experience using word processing, advanced or complex spreadsheet and database applications, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications, as well as computerized tracking systems.
- Demonstrated experience in quality improvement initiatives.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Master's degree in Food Services, Nutrition, or Business Management. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Registered Dietitian.
- ServSafe certification.
- Two years of demonstrated leadership experience.
- Active in business, food service, or nutrition professional organizations.
- Demonstrated high functional skill set with Computrition Software.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Expertise Food and Nutrition, Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City