Intermountain Healthcare Health Promotions Specialist - PRN in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Supports the ongoing development and implementation of the SelectHealth Wellness Team programs and initiatives. Executes all stages of varying projects that involve providers, members, employers, community groups, and events.
Essential Job Duties
1. Conducts biometric screenings and educates participants on personal health outcomes.
2. Coordinates the scheduling of wellness events with company representatives, internal sales team, brokers, and other key players.
3. Conducts post event follow up including data tracking, evaluation, and reporting.
4. Supports the needs of LiVe Well initiatives by providing quality customer service in response to the needs of program participants.
5. Assists with the planning and implementation of annual wellness initiatives such as employer based workshops, onsite flu shot clinics, and community events.
6. Provides support for assigned events, special projects, clinical programs, and organizational initiatives as needed.
7. Assists in the development of resources to support wellness offerings. This can include event materials, program initiatives, and health related presentations.
8. Provides superior service to internal and external customers through the demonstration of the SelectHealth service commitments.
9. Works scheduled health fairs, community and wellness events in the day or evening hours representing SelectHealth and/or Intermountain Healthcare.
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN (as-needed). May work between 0-40 hours per week.
- Department: SelectHealth - Health Promotions
- Additional Details: We currently have two openings for PRN Health Promotions Specialist
- Bachelor's degree in a health related field such as health promotion and education, public health, nutrition or exercise science, from an accredited institution, which will be verified
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated intermediate proficiency of power point, spreadsheet, word processing
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and meet deadlines
- Ability to work nights and weekends and travel as needed
- Hearing, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Speaking
- Certified Health Education Specialist (CHES)
- Prior work or internship experience at SelectHealth, preferrably in Health Promotions
- Experience in worksite wellness, can include school internship
- Excellent organizational interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location SelectHealth
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type On-Call / PRN
Location US-UT-Murray, US-UT-Salt Lake City