Intermountain Healthcare Information System Senior Security Analyst / Team Lead in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This Senior Analyst will have team lead responsible for providing analysis and supporting for the development, implementation, and maintenance of Intermountain's Identity and Access systems. This senior-level team lead will be responsible for technologies, and solutions ensuring the confidentiality, availability and integrity of Intermountain’s electronic information and information systems infrastructure. The senior-level team lead will work with business and system owners to ensure the appropriate identity and access process, procedures, guidelines and controls are implemented and affective. Incumbent's ability encompasses knowledge of authentication technologies such as single sign on, SAML, oauth, OpenID connect, multi-factor. The senior-level team lead will instruct, guide and over see lower level technical professionals. Functions independently with minimal oversight and direction.
Essential Job Duties
1. Leads in the planning and design of enterprise security architecture, under the direction of the I.S. Security Management (CISO, Director, Manager, Supervisor, or Team Lead), where appropriate.
2. Leads in the creation of enterprise security documents (policies, standards, baselines, guidelines and procedures) under the direction of the I.S. Security Management, where appropriate.
3. Leads in the planning and design of an enterprise Business Continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan, under the direction of the I.S. Security Manager, where appropriate.
4. Maintains up-to-date detailed knowledge of the IT security industry including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes and the development of new attacks and threat vectors.
5. Recommends additional security solutions or enhancements to existing security solutions to improve overall enterprise security.
6. Performs the deployment, integration, and initial configuration of all new security solutions and of any enhancements to existing security solutions in accordance with standard best operating procedures generically and the enterprise's security documents specifically.
7. Maintains up-to-date baselines for the secure configuration and operations of all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (i.e., security tools) or not (i.e., workstations, servers, network devices, etc.).
8. Maintains operational configurations of all in-place security solutions as per the established baselines.
9. Monitors all in-place security solutions for efficient and appropriate operations.
10. Reviews logs and reports of all in-place devices, whether they be under direct control (i.e., security tools) or not (i.e., workstations, servers, network devices, etc.). Interprets the implications of that activity and devises plans for appropriate resolution.
11. Leads in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, and security audits.
12. Leads in incident investigations into suspicious or problematic activity.
13. Provides on-call support for end users for all in-place security solutions.
Note: If hired without CISA, CISSP, or CISM industry certification, must obtain certification within the first 12 months of employment.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: full time, exempt
- Department: Data Security
- Office location: Salt Lake City, Utah
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or technology related field. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Six years of related experience in information systems/security technologies and systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of the 10 Information System Security domains in the Common Body of Knowledge for CISSP and the 5 Information Security Practice areas and tasks for CISM.
- Demonstrated understanding of I.S. security methods and techniques of information systems.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other IT equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Master's degree in Business, Computer Science, Information Assurance, Information Security, or Information Systems. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Possess CISA, CISSP, or CISM industry certification.
- Eight years of related experience in information systems/security technologies and systems.
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of information security related regualtions (e.g. HIPAA/HITECH I.S. Security and Privacy regulations, and the I.S. Security aspects of other regulations including: PCI DSS, SOX (MAR FRC), FRCP, JCAHO and JCAHO Alert 42, GLBA, State Breach, FERPA, and FCRA, etc.)
- Demonstrated understanding and knowledge of I.S. security vulnerability assessment tools and techniques.
- Demonstrated strong analysis and attention to detail, problem resolution, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Demonstrated effective leadership and communication skills.
- Demonstrated presentation skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Results oriented, self motivated and self directed professional.
- Demonstrated strong customer service orientation.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Lake Park Campus
Expertise Information Technology
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City