Intermountain Healthcare Landscape Spec-Full Time in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Landscape Specialist position is responsible for the appearance and maintenance of assigned facility landscape including turf, landscape beds, tree and shrub care along with custodial, snow removal (where applicable) and related equipment maintenance.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Accountable for the overall appearance, condition and safety of the facility grounds, landscaping, parking areas, irrigation systems and related equipment to meet seasonal needs. Assignments may include planting, fertilizing, clipping, pruning, mowing, blowing, weeding, shoveling snow, plowing, irrigation monitoring, and applying chemical control products.
- 2. Accountable for tree, shrub, perennial and annual plant identification and knowledge of how to grow and care for plants.
- 3. Accountable for clear and respectful communication and follow through with staff at all levels regarding issues/concerns. Promotes teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination within the department.
- Entry Rate: $12.03
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time, 40 Hours per Week
- Department: Groundskeeping, Intermountain Medical Center
- One year experience in landscape maintenance including irrigation systems.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of insecticides and herbicides and their use on turf, trees, and flowerbeds.
- Demonstrated ability to operate landscape equipment, make minor repairs and perform preventative maintenance.
- Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to withstand exposure to extreme weather conditions.
- Standing, Walking, Lifting, Carrying, Climbing, Seeing, Hearing/Listening, Speaking, Manual Dexterity, Pushing/Pulling, Squatting/Kneeling
- Utah Pesticide Applicator license
- Knowledge of different plant types and their methods of appropriate care
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City