Intermountain Healthcare Life Flight Transport/Communication Specialist in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Life Flight Transport/Communication Specialist functions as the primary liaison for all medical related-aspects of all Life Flight transports in compliance with FCC/FAA requirements. This position is accountable for the prioritization and coordination for safe and efficient transport. This position, because of the broad scope of responsibility, will also trouble-shoot for all Life Flight processes.
Essential Job Duties
- Obtains, assembles, coordinates, and disseminates all appropriate information for all air and ground transports to medical crewmembers, referring and receiving personnel, control physicians and hospitals as it pertains to the patient, transport timing, and medical reports.
- Coordinates medical resources for all transports and in the case of a mass disaster between other Air Ambulance services and internal Intermountain Healthcare requirements. Assembles the medical team and equipment required for each patient transport based upon the acuity and needs of each patient and ensure that all teams are utilized to maximum capacity to capture all possible transports.
- Receives all requests for patient transports in an expedient, accurate, well-organized and professional manner.
- Works with Operational Control to determine most appropriate mode to be used in all patient transports.
- Completes Computer Aided Dispatch (CAD) system in real-time, which ensures accurate, vital real-time transport information.
- Tracks status and location of all crew members at multiple bases throughout Utah and while on transports throughout the Western United States.
- Participates in Life Flight system-wide quality improvement effort to review, evaluate and revise processes for continued improvement of processes.
- Documents on the written log and in the data base all patient related information. Completes all shift change logs. Documents all on-going transports on the status board.
- Entry Rate: $19.11 and up depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: 1 day per week (12 hr shift)
- Department: List Department/unit if desired
- Additional Details: Exact schedule to be determined.
- Three years experience working in a hospital, at 911 dispatch, or in Life Flight or other air ambulance communication center.
- Experience working in a high volume/high stress environment (e.g. ED or ICU).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Understands basic medical terminology.
- Strong computers skills, including word processing.
- Good organizational skill needed.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, and identify volume, tone, and quality of telecom signals.
- Operate computers, telephones, and office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Associate's Degree from an accredited institution.
- NAACS (National Association of Air Communication Specialists) certification.
- 2 years' experience in a hospital Emergency Department or ICU
- Medical Terminology course completed.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 12
Primary Work Location Life Flight Operations Center
Expertise Research / Specialty Services / Education
Job Type Part Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City