Intermountain Healthcare Maintenance Engineer-Full Time in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Performs general duties in and around the buildings of the hospital including equipment installation, repair and maintenance, new construction and remodels.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Accountable for preventive maintenance on assigned equipment, including detailed and accurate documentation, in accordance with management's defined standards.
- 2. Performs corrective maintenance, monitoring, and repairs, including documentation, on assigned equipment or systems to ensure it operates in a safe, timely, effective and efficient manner. Work orders are completed within management defined timeframes.
- 3. Performs general technical, electrical, carpentry, painting and plumbing repairs and assists other engineering personnel as needed. Work is completed according to current building codes and hospital standards to ensure a safe and functioning environment.
- 4. Accountable for clear and effective communication and follow through with staff at all levels, and patients or visitors as needed, regarding issues/concerns, to promote professional, knowledgeable resolutions.
- 5. Properly prioritizes workloads and manages time effectively with minimal supervision.
- 6. Maintains an up to date knowledge of policies and procedures relative to the Engineering Department to ensure all work meets hospital standards and regulatory requirements. Attends department meetings and training as assigned.
- 7. Perform security duties as assigned.
- 8. Responsible to assist with winter and summer grounds maintenance including snow removal, lawn mowing, yard maintenance, etc as assigned.
- 9. Perform other duties which may include but is not limited to: On call duties, event investigation, cross training, proper maintenance of tools and workspace, etc. Maintains proper levels of parts and supplies.
- 10. Maintains cleanliness of working area and assigned locations.
- Entry Rate: $17.11
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time, 40 Hours per Week
- Department: Facilities Intermountain Medical Center
- Four years experience in general maintenance activities.
- Demonstrates a thorough working knowledge of electrical, pneumatic, mechanical and plumbing systems, as well as carpentry and general construction.
- Demonstrates the ability to trouble-shoot and repair a wide variety of equipment.
- Demonstrates the ability to read and interpret technical documentation.
- Demonstrates ability of effective verbal and written communication.
- Experience and willingness to work in and outside all parts of hospital and in various conditions with exposure to extreme ranges of temperature and in both sterile and dirty conditions.
- Carrying, climbing, crawling, hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing, speaking, squatting / kneeling, standing, walking
- Trade school completion and hospital experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City