Intermountain Healthcare Med Tech/MLS-Unregistered in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Under direct supervision, the Unregistered Medical Technologist/MLS is accountable for performing a variety of qualitative and quantitative laboratory tests, both manual and automated, of varying complexity to be utilized in the diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Performs routine and STAT laboratory testing, reviews results for accuracy, problem solves, and reports accurate and timely information.
- 2. Completes required quality control testing, maintains records and documentation necessary to fulfill regulatory agency requirements, and takes appropriate corrective action as necessary. Performs periodic regulatory reviews of quality control data.
- 3. Performs preventative maintenance, cleaning and calibration procedures according to SOPs and manufacturer's developed schedules.
- 4. Performs proficiency testing and achieves satisfactory results related to all specialties or areas worked. May provide oversight / coordination of proficiency testing and review.
- 5. May provide appropriate instruction to patients and their family members.
- 6. May act as a technical expert to co-workers and other departments. May mentor staff, deliver education, and foster customer service.
- 7. May help maintain supply inventory, notifying supervisor when supplies are low.
- 8. May prepare education materials, and provide input on SOP revisions.
- 9. May serve on hospital or system committees.
- 10. May evaluate new equipment.
- 11. May function as the key operator for assigned equipment.
- Entry Rate: $22.72
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full time - Evening shift noon-8:30pm
- Department: Laboratory - Microbiology - Primary Children's Hospital
- Bachelors Degree in chemical, physical, biological, or clinical laboratory/medical technology science. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education will be verified.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills using email, telephone, and in person.
- Demonstrated basic computer skills.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts that may include weekends, holidays, nights, and on-call.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to verbally communicate information.
- Operate computers and complex and delicate lab equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read lab equipment, monitors, and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer or other equipment.
- Experience with laboratory information systems.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City