Intermountain Healthcare Multicultural/Spanish Community Relations Specialist - SelectHealth in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Under the direction of the Community and Public Relations Manager and partnering with Intermountain Healthcare leadership, this position oversees multicultural community relations efforts for SelectHealth. The Specialist champions initiatives to foster relationships while building a positive image of the SelectHealth brand in the communities in which SelectHealth serves. Uses a variety of methods including marketing, community relations, philanthropy, public relations, special events, multicultural services, and education of benefits of health insurance, healthcare, and wellness.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Coordinates community processes for involvement with partnerships and activities associated with achieving SelectHealth goals and objectives.
- 2. Builds and maintains positive relationships within multicultural based organizations.
- 3. Provides information, direction, and healthcare education in English and/or Spanish.
- 4. Leads and attends meetings, participates in events, communicates with third-party organizations, and responds to outside requests.
- 5. Creates concise reports and facilitates communication and group learning.
- 6. Improves the effectiveness of SelectHealth by providing resources to support and assist selected organizations in their healthcare decision making.
- 7. Serves as a subject matter expert and internal consultant regarding multicultural awareness, attitudes, and resource utilization.
- 8. Advocates on behalf of low-income, uninsured, and underserved populations in discussions to ensure this population is represented to administrative and other leadership teams.
- 9. Assists members of multicultural communities to access healthcare products, programs, and services by building relationships.
- 10. Obtains feedback from the communities they serve regarding the impact and effectiveness of health insurance enrollment and healthcare initiatives.
- 11. Works independently, in the community and in the public school setting, with students and people from different heritages and cultures.
- 12. Promotes effective communication strategies including mobile and digital technology, advertising, and event marketing that connects culturally with this growing and thriving population.
- 13. Consistently projects a positive, professional image.
- Entry Rate: Commensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-time Exempt, 40 hours/week.
- Department: SelectHealth - Community Relations
- Bachelor's degree with an emphasis in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations or communications related field. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Four years of experience in marketing, public health, communications, journalism, public relations, or advertising.
- Demonstrated multicultural experience with Hispanic population through work or formal education.
- Demonstrated respect for all people, regardless of ethnic or cultural background.
- Demonstrated experience in a role requiring strategic thinking with the ability to articulate a clear vision and develop community partnerships with diverse communities.
- Demonstrated bilingual and fully proficient in speaking and writing Spanish.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Demonstrated focus on attention to detail, taking initiative, and creating a positive working environment.
- Demonstrated intermediate experience in word processing, presentation, and spreadsheet programs.
- Demonstrated strong skills in planning, detail and accuracy, and creative thinking.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Experience in a healthcare marketing or public relations environment.
- Experience with and exposure to low-income, uninsured, and underserved populations.
- Demonstrated substantial ability to communicate in an articulate and professional manner both in writing and through verbal presentation.
- Enjoys helping and advising others.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location SelectHealth
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Murray, US-UT-Salt Lake City