Intermountain Healthcare Occupational Therapist Assistant -COTA in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Under the direct supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist, the Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant is responsible for providing therapeutic patient care services including consulting and training the patient and their caregivers.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced COTA to work with our acute care team at Intermountain Medical Center.
Essential Job Duties
- Assists supervising therapist with rendering rehabilitative treatment according to the established plan of care with appropriate duration and intensity. Monitor patient activities and document their progress.
- Educates and trains patients and their caregivers.
- Accepts assignments from Director and/or Team Lead including case load, productivity standard, education and in-servicing others, orienting and training new employees, supervising and training students.
- Actively participates in the quality improvement process for the team and the clinical setting and then follows through with the improvements.
- Communicates through written chart notes, evaluations, progress reports and discharge summaries regarding patient's status, any complications, prognosis and plans for follow-up care.
- Records daily charges and submits for payment according to department's billing guidelines.
- Participates in regularly scheduled or special clinical meetings related to patient care and clinic operations.
- Entry Rate: $22.72
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN/As-needed, meaning no guaranteed shifts. Hours may vary from 0 to 40 per week. Shifts will fall Monday through Sunday, between the hours of 7:00 AM to 7:00 PM
- Department: Intermountain Medical Center In Patient Occupational Therapy
- Associate's degree from an accredited Occupational Therapist Assistant program (degree will be verified).
- Current license in the State of practice.
- A certified Occupational Therapist Assistant through the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing, sitting, speaking, squatting/kneeling, standing, and walking.
- One or more years of previous COTA experience
- Previous Acute care experience
- Previous ICU (Intensive Care Unit) experience
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Job Type On-Call / PRN
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City