Intermountain Healthcare Office Manager (Transplant Services) in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position manages a full range of office activities and projects and/or specialized clerical support for multiple directors / managers / physicians, a major service line, multiple departments, multiple sites, or multiple functions.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Provides strategic direction for office operations, including short and long-term objectives, goals, and success measures. Collaborates with leadership and system colleagues in the development and implementation of goals. Builds a cohesive team and promotes engagement. Maintains good working relationships between Intermountain departments, regional and system leadership, and physicians. Models and fosters an environment of professionalism.
- 2. Accountable to develop and maintain a professional staffing model with qualified staff. Enforces policies and procedures and adherence to regulatory requirements from Intermountain, accrediting entities, government agencies and other applicable regulating bodies. Oversees all training and education. May assures the delivery of safe, high-quality patient care through ongoing process evaluation.
- 3. Proactively identifies best practices and regulation changes in the field, and implements needed changes into policies and processes.
- 4. Accountable for financial management associated with office operation, including the development, implementation, and monitoring of annual capital/operation and personnel (FTE) budgets. Provides support and education to department managers for meeting financial goals.
- 5. Responsible for the overall culture of safety to include ensuring proper policies and procedures are in place.
- 6. Responsible to coordinate resources for maximum quality, productivity, and efficiency.
- 7. Acts as a role model through the demonstration of personal professional development, continuous learning, and competency improvement. Participates in and contributes to educational offerings and visibility in professional organizations.
- 8. Ensures that processes and programs are in place to support the achievement of patient satisfaction and service quality goals. Participates in community outreach activities, and supports staff participation in such efforts.
- Entry Rate: $22.90
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full time, exempt
- Department: Transplant Services
- Office location: Intermountain Medical Center
- Bachelor's degree, or Associate's degree, with five years of office experience in a healthcare environment. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education will be verified.
- Experience with the direct supervision of others to include hiring responsibilities, firing responsibilities, and evaluating the work of others.
- Four years of experience with leadership responsibilities. Examples include providing training to others on their job duties, coordinating the work of others, coordinating projects, acting as a team lead, and directly supervising others.
- Four years of experience using advanced computer skills. Examples are complex formatting, mail merge, formulas, creating charts and graphs, data manipulation, creating and running reports, creating presentations, and using multimedia content. Expert computer user with experience trouble shooting and teaching others.
- Six years of experience in an office setting or working in a clerical position with customer service, keyboarding, and data entry responsibilities.
- Demonstrated interpersonal verbal and written communication skills including being proficient in spelling, punctuation, grammar, and other English language skills.
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, including manipulating paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Experience working in a healthcare setting
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City