Intermountain Healthcare OR Data Coord-Full Time in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Responsible for scheduling of surgical procedures, entering patient charges and case histories into the computer, runs reports, patient registration, office reception, and general clerical support.
Essential Job Duties
- Scheduling surgical procedures and input into the surgery scheduling system.
- Organizes and manages office area by ordering and maintaining supplies. Files and manages records.
- Monitors surgery schedule to avoid overbooking problems, and suggests alternatives to physicians and/or offices. Notifies manager of schedules conflicts when necessary.
- Answers phone calls serving as the information link between physician, patient, and ancillary departments.
- Collects & inputs data, runs reports, and distributes information as needed.
- Reviews registration information to see what additional information is required, gathers additional information as needed, organizes and inputs data appropriately.
- Data and charge entry.
- Verification of physician privileges.
- Entry Rate: $14.35
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time, 6:30am-5:00pm, 4 days per week
- Department: Intermountain Medical Center, Surgical Services.
- Additional Details: List any other position Details desired
- One year of experience in healthcare, IT support, or clerical support.
- Computer experience with office software applications.
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, including manipulating paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Clerical experience.
- Medical terminology.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Clerical / Secretarial / Business Office Support
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City