Intermountain Healthcare Pediatric RN - NICU at Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Primary Children's hospital is seeking skilled and experienced nurses who are looking for a challenging and rewarding career in our Level IV NICU. Primary Children's 50-Bed NICU is the only LEVEL IV NICU in the Intermountain West with the ability to provide every subspecialty service and Extra Corporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) for our patients. Patients come to us through our Fetal Medicine referrals or from referrals from outlying hospitals because the baby needs the highest level of care which our Level IV NICU provides. Nurses on our unit receive extensive education during the orientation period and throughout their careers through our skills days, simulation laboratories, educational conferences and a variety of other professional growth opportunities. Our NICU offers a Clinical Progression program allowing the NICU RN to increase their skills as well as being compensated for completing these advanced modules.
The NICU Registered Nurse (RN) at Primary Children's is a professional caregiver who assumes responsibility and accountability for assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of newborns requiring care from pediatric sub-specialists in cardiology, neurology, neurosurgery, general surgery, and neonatology disciplines.
We are currently offering up to $20,000 in BONUSES for nurses with 2 or more years of equivalent LEVEL IV NICU experience .
**Current Intermountain Healthcare employees are not eligible for this incentive**
- Relocation Up to $10,000
- Sign-On Bonus of $5,000
- Two Year NICU Anniversary Bonus of $5,000
About Intermountain Healthcare and Primary Children's Hospital
Intermountain Healthcare is a Utah-based system of nonprofit hospitals, clinics, health services, and health plans. The organization has an international reputation as a pioneer in the continuous improvement of clinical quality and as a leader in the development of clinical programs. Intermountain Healthcare has been repeatedly recognized as one of the top integrated healthcare delivery systems in the country.
Primary Children's Hospital is a service of Intermountain Healthcare. Located in the foothills of Salt Lake City, Utah, Primary Children's Hospital is a 289-bed freestanding pediatric level-one trauma center with a service area covering five states - Utah, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, and Nevada. Primary Children's is the pediatric teaching hospital for the University Of Utah School Of Medicine and its physicians.
Primary Children's Hospital is nationally recognized for its outstanding patient outcomes and is routinely recognized by US News and World Report as one of the best children's hospitals in the country. The hospital enjoys unparalleled community support and was named one of Utah's most enduring companies.
- Entry Rate: $ Based on Experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Variable shifts, including days, nights, weekends and holidays.
- Department: NICU at Primary Children's Hospital
- Current RN License in state of practice.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Unit specific certification as required (i.e., ACLS, PALS, etc.).
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited institution.
- NICU Experience
- 2 yrs. of CURRENT equivalent Level IV NICU RN work experience (current = within the last year) to qualify for the Sign On Bonus
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 36
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City