Intermountain Healthcare Physical Therapist - Homecare & Hospice Salt Lake, Adult in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Provides quality physical therapy services to patients and families in the home in accordance with state licensure, laws, professional standards and ethics within guidelines of agency standards, policies and procedures and coordinates care with all disciplines involved.
Essential Job Duties
Provides competent theoretical and technical skills pertinent to the patient populations being served:
When assigned, demonstrates effective primary patient care coordination with all disciplines.
Follows the patient care coordination process:
Thoroughly identifies and evaluates functional and rehabilitative needs
- Identifies and prioritizes patient needs
- Develops and implements appropriate care plan and goals
- Adjusts and updates care plan as needed
- Appropriately coordinates patient care with other disciplines
- Consistently follows the established care plan
- Provides appropriate education to patients and families
- Delegates and appropriately supervises Physical Therapy Assistants and home health aides when required
- Appropriate Utilization
- Infection Control
Participates in timely corrective action plans.
Practices within the Scope of Practice and complies with all policies, laws, licensure, regulations and standards for care pertaining to the delivery of home care service.
Provides timely and thorough documentation of the patient record consistent with agency standards.
Demonstrates the efficient use of resources by effectively managing time, supplies and equipment and by meeting established productivity standards.
- Entry Rate: Commensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Monday - FridayOr 4 10-hour shifts per week, working every Saturday and Sunday
- Department: Salt Lake Home Health and Hospice
- Additional Details: This position will be paid hourly until training has been completed, then they will be moved to a Pay Per Visit credit compensation model. All training will need to take place on weekdays.
- Valid/current Physical Therapy License in the state of practice.
- Current driver's license, insured, reliable transportation and acceptable driving record.
- Basic life support certification for healthcare providers.
- Ability to access the Internet or a phone line transferring patient files twice a day.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Speaking, Standing, Squatting/Kneeling.
- Previous Physical Therapy experience in a Homecare setting
- Previous Physical Therapy experience working with adult populations
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location HCS Salt Lake City Homecare
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City