Intermountain Healthcare Plumber - Fulltime - LDS Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Performs plumbing duties as assigned in and around the facility, under the direction of a licensed plumber, including installation, repair, and maintenance of existing, new and remodeled construction. Maintains current knowledge of applicable standards, codes, and requirements.
Essential Job Duties
- Learns and performs preventative maintenance on assigned equipment to ensure optimum operation, efficiency and safety requirements that meet facility standards and regulatory requirements.
- Learns and performs corrective maintenance and repairs, including documentation on assigned equipment to ensure equipment operates in a safe, effective and efficient manner.
- Learns and performs installation of plumbing fixtures as required to ensure optimum safety and efficiency.
- Communicates effectively with department manager and staff at all levels to promote effective repairs and good customer relations.
- Properly prioritizes workloads and manages time effectively with minimal supervision. Responsible for accurate and timely submission of time keeping documentation.
- Maintains an up-to-date knowledge of policies and procedures relative to the facility to ensure all work meets facility standards and regulatory requirements. Attends department meetings and training as assigned. Completes education requirements and safety training on time.
- Performs job-related duties which may include being on call, event investigation, cross training, proper maintenance of tools and workspace, etc. Maintains proper levels of parts and supplies.
- Entry Rate: $18.76
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full-time
- Location: Salt Lake City, UT
- Registered in the State Apprenticeship Program
- Demonstrated knowledge of the installation, repair and maintenance of iron, copper, cast iron, black pipe, PVC, ABS, PolyPure fusion, acid waste and drain piping, Polypropylene, CPVC and durcon pipe and all the associated fittings and valves.
- Demonstrated ability to read and interpret blue prints.
- Carrying, Climbing, Crawling, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling / Pushing, Squatting / Kneeling, Standing
- Plumbing experience in a healthcare setting
- Commercial plumbing experience
- Experienced understanding of ILSM and ICRA (If not, it must be learned on the job.)
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location LDS Hospital
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City