Intermountain Healthcare Programmatic Giving Officer in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Foundation? It means joining a vibrant, mission-driven team in healthcare philanthropy delivering vital resources to Intermountain Healthcare, one of the nation’s leading healthcare organizations. The honors, awards, and national recognition received by Intermountain Healthcare serve as consistent reminders that those we serve are receiving excellent and compassionate care, in an environment where caregivers love what they do. (You can learn more here: https://youtu.be/BB1Gm5OvpV8 .)
Through passionate engagement with those we both represent and serve, the Foundation is meaningfully impacting lives, families and communities throughout the Intermountain West, and beyond. If working in a high-energy environment and making a real difference appeals to you, consider joining our growing Foundation team. Make your mark in the world by helping Intermountain transform healthcare through high quality care at sustainable costs.
At a Foundation Vice President leadership level, this position will be reporting directly to the President of Intermountain Foundation & System Chief Development Officer. The Programmatic Giving Officer position is a leadership role providing inspiration, mentorship, and oversight to annual funding programs across the system to effectively meet the needs of Intermountain's 23 hospitals and its spectrum healthcare services.
This senior-level leader within the Foundation develops, plans, executes, and evaluates a comprehensive, integrated Annual Giving, Donor Development, and Stewardship program across Intermountain Foundation. This dynamic role is responsible for the success of all annual giving efforts (direct mail, e-philanthropy, employee giving, events, Friends of the Foundation, planned giving mechanisms and stewardship) to increase participation and long-term donor pool and financial growth from individual donors. In doing so, there is a pronounced focus on donor retention, attracting new donors, and elevating annual gifts from individual donors to meet annual giving goals.
Essential Job Duties
The Programmatic Giving Officer is directly responsible for strategic management of programs that support major gift fundraising, with oversight of the following functions:
- Annual Giving
- Direct Response
- Employee Giving
- Special Events
- Donor Relations / Stewardship
- Grateful Patient and Giving Societies
- Planned Giving Mechanisms
Leads the functions through the follow daily, monthly, and annual processes:
- Innovates and implements structures and methods for the team to operate at a high level of accountability and success.
- Motivates continued giving through knowledge, words and actions.
- Follows all team projects through to successful completion and goal attainment.
- Becomes a valued connection for donors by developing relationships of trust and accountability.
- Manages teams, projects, and processes in a matrixed fundraising landscape in a changing healthcare environment.
- Remains up to date in healthcare philanthropy trends, system updates, and future opportunities.
- Wage: Commensurate with experience
- Department: Intermountain Foundation
- Location: Key Bank Tower, Salt Lake City, UT
- Bachelor's degree, obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Seven years professional fundraising experience, including progressively successful leadership of a comprehensive fundraising programs that support an expanding major gifts landscape.
- Experience should include mid-levelprospecting, direct response, employee giving, e-philanthropy, special events, stewardship/donor relations and planned giving, in a measured and donor-centric environment.
- Strong managerial, leadership, organizational, and supervisory skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with a specific ability to create donor cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship strategies.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including the ability to create personal relationships and to communicate effectively, delivering exceptional customer service to a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with competing demands, while maintaining a commitment to excellence.
- Ability to work cooperatively to achieve common goals; support, collaboration, and the sharing of information.
- Knowledge and experience with online fundraising strategies through social media and other available platforms.
- Ability to recognize among annual giving donors the potential for significant major and planned gifts.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to quickly and regularly adjust strategy based on giving trends.
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, and manipulate paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Excellent computer skills related to the use of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Experience with Raiser's Edge.
- Experience in Healthcare
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Central Offices
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City