Intermountain Healthcare QA Analyst- Care Transformation in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This role centers around the ability to perform highly reliable, scalable, reproducible processes to ensure that our applications are consistently configured and developed to drive a Zero Harm culture. This role requires excellent documentation and organizational skills. It also requires the ability to work closely with development and analyst teams to ensure deep understanding of workflows to make sure that testing reflects how solutions are used by caregivers. This role should also be able to influence configuration improvements as reliability or safety issues are identified.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Maintains advanced level of understanding of functional design methodologies, tools, and techniques to effectively work with stakeholders and staff to determine needs, specifications, feasibility, priorities for development, and configuration requests and projects.
- 2. Documents and recommends workflow changes and functional requirements, specifications, and design solutions needed to support the business requirements for common and moderately complex problems. Does this in coordination with the appropriate clinical program / clinical service, division, and designated approved end-user advisory group.
- 3. Acquires and maintains an advanced level of understanding of the functional architecture, security, and compliance requirements of assigned systems and integration.
- 4. Utilizes appropriate tools to meet ad hoc informational needs. Understands the data model and data use of assigned systems.
- 5. Participates with information systems to solve issues of moderate to advanced levels of complexity, incidents, problems according to agreed upon service levels and according to defined standards and processes.
- 6. Collaboratively works with peers, information systems, internal and external stakeholders, and vendors.
- 7. Provides subject matter expertise to information systems; collaborates with information systems in the technical design, technical implementation, and technical operations of assigned systems and integrations.
- 8. Collaborates with key clinical and business stakeholders to determine business rules, needs, specifications, feasibility (workflow and cost), and priorities for application development / configuration / acquisition requests and projects of all levels of complexity and according to organizational standards and processes. Consults with key clinical and business stakeholders, and collaborates with information systems on selection and acquisition of 3rd party solutions.
- 9. Collaborates with key stakeholder group(s) (e.g. Clinical Programs, Clinical Services, Divisions, etc.) and key IS staff in the acquisition, configuration, development, testing, and implementation of solutions (vended and internally developed) with all levels of complexity.
- 10. Participates and collaborates with key stakeholders in the development of training and knowledge based materials and in training peers, trainers, and as needed, end-users.
- 11. Participates in the creation and management of project plans for projects at all levels of complexity. Consistently meets agreed upon deadlines or escalates issues, concerns, and barriers to key project leaders. Assists in the prioritization of tasks / assignments.
- 12. Assists with the development and implementation of communication plans to stakeholder groups and manages customer and stakeholder expectations.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: M-F, business hours
- Department: Care Transformation
Unfortunately, we are not currently considering candidates for this position that require visa sponsorship. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution or four years of QA analysis experience. Degree will be verified.
- Two years of experience in a role demonstrating the following: Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills, Develop working relationships across teams, Organization, Results Oriented and Workflow Knowledge.
- Experience using word processing, advanced or complex spreadsheet and database applications, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications, as well as computerized tracking systems.
- Ability to travel - primarily throughout the Intermountain system
- Clinical incumbents whose specialty require licensure (e.g. Pharmacists, Registered Nurses, Respiratory Therapists, etc.) must hold current state licensure.
- Interact with others by effectively communicating, both orally and in writing.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Five or more years of QA experience.
- Prior experience in a role demonstrating the following: Analytics, Application / Solution Knowledge, Clinical Acumen, Continuous Improvement, Innovative approaches to challenges and ability to inspire a ?disruptive mindset? to drive change, Industry Knowledge, Leadership, Process Modeling, Project Management and Teaching.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Central Offices
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City