Intermountain Healthcare Rehab Services Executive Director in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The System Executive Director Rehab Services is the senior-most executive providing oversight, direction, and decision making for Intermountain Healthcare Rehabilitation Services. The individual is accountable for ensuring that Rehabilitation Services achieves and sustains excellence in patient safety, patient experience, quality, access, and stewardship and continually drives toward achieving One Intermountain. This position is responsible for all aspects of Rehabilitation Services including strategic planning, program growth and development, innovation, financial performance, continuous improvement activities, operations and supplier contract management.The Executive Director of Rehabilitation Services must establish strong collaborative relationships with key leaders throughout the organization and with Rehabilitation Services thought leaders across the country. The individual is expected to understand and assess the external healthcare environment and to develop short-term and long-term plans ensure that Intermountain Healthcare is well-positioned for current and future success.The Executive Director of Rehabilitation Services is expected to leverage the integrated healthcare delivery model and engage with physicians and other caregivers to further integrate Rehabilitation Services into seamless care delivery processes across the care continuum to achieve and sustain improvements in patient outcomes.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Displays a sense of urgency and desire for change and process improvement, achieves operating results through strategic thinking, maintains a customer focus, builds relationships, and develops people and motivates teams.
- 2. Assumes accountability for one's actions and decisions and demonstrates keen self-awareness.
- 3. Develops and fosters effective collaboration between Community-based and Specialty-based care groups, clinical services, clinical programs, medical staff, and other affiliated services to ensure an integrated approach to providing services and fulfilling Intermountain Healthcare?s mission, vision, and values.
- 4. Responsible for all aspects of Rehabilitation Services operations including the KPIs, staffing models, budgeting, purchasing, recruitment and retention, financial performance, and regulatory compliance.
- 5. In collaboration with the Vice President of Clinical Systems, will develop the strategic plan for enterprise Rehabilitation Services.
- 6. Determines and implements a cost-effective organizational structure for delivering integrated enterprise Rehabilitation Services.
- 7. Responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the effectiveness of Rehabilitation Services provided to improve patient safety, quality, patient experience, access and stewardship.
- 8. In collaboration with the Vice President of Clinical Systems, identifies and implements innovative business development opportunities for Rehabilitation Services.
- 9. Effectively synthesizes data from multiple sources and prepares meaningful and well-written reports.
- 10. Effectively communications with caregivers and other stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure effective operations and promote positive employee relations.
- 11. Responsible for negotiating key contracts with suppliers and payers.
- 12. Maintains an understanding of Intermountain Healthcare?s system strategies and knowledge of the marketplace and ensures alignment with Rehabilitation Services.
- 13. Serves on and chairs various committees as requested and represents Rehabilitation Services in planning, communications, and decision-making discussions.
- 14. Provides Rehabilitation Services leadership across the enterprise and is responsible for recruiting, retaining, developing and evaluating performance for all direct reports.
- 15. Researches new products and savings opportunities. Collaborates with the Supply Chain Organization to lead cross functional teams towards system-wide supplier selection decisions. Leads implementation of product standards. Develops business strategies to support these service lines.
- 16. Works in collaboration with clinical systems and clinical program leaders in establishing and achieving shared goals fostering clinical integration.
- 17. Ensures that the Rehabilitation Shared Service Model delivers sustained improvements in patient safety, quality, access, patient experience, and stewardship.
- 18. Develops and implements plans to continually improve Intermountain Healthcare?s cost position for Rehabilitation Services.
- 19. Ensures that all Rehabilitation Services operations are perpetually compliant and when needed implements timely and effective operational responses.
- 20. Acts as a subject matter expert to others internal and external to the organization.
- Wage: Commensureate with experience
- Department: Rehabilitation Services
- Work Location: Intermountain Medical Center, Murray, UT
- Master Degree. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Ten years of professional experience working in a Rehabilitation Services leadership role.
- Three years of experience in process measurement, process improvement, re-engineering, and health systems research.
- Experience in strategic planning, leadership, problem-solving, budget creation, and statistical analysis.
- Experience with compliance programs relating to professional standards, governmental agencies, and accreditation organizations.
- Experience with a health care delivery system and it's interactions with government agencies, insurance companies, physicians, other health care professionals, and the hospital organization
- Experience using word processing, advanced or complex spreadsheet and database applications, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications, as well as computerized tracking systems.
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Master Degree in Business Administration or Master of Healthcare Administration from an accredited institution (education is verified).
- Experience working in an integrated healthcare system.
- Experience in designing and conducting research, analyzing data.
- Clinical experience & licensure in rehabilitation-related role
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City