Intermountain Healthcare Respiratory Equip Asst-Field (DOT) - Salt Lake City Homecare in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Under the direction of a Respiratory Therapist this position facilitates timely implementation/delivery of physician orders delivering home medical equipment and related supplies to patients. In addition, some Respiratory Equipment Assistants will also deliver Liquid Oxygen (LOX). As a valued member of the Respiratory Team, the assistant also provides important patient education.
Essential Job Duties
- The primary duty of this position is to make timely deliveries of Home Medical Equipment (HME) products and supplies to customers. HME equipment items may weigh up to 70 pounds. Follows Homecare HME protocol with regard to delivery timelines and processes.
- Patient Education: Conducts patient education as required ensuring that customers feel safe welcome and at ease. Documents the patient education exchange with appropriate forms.
- Intake: Takes intake information from source. Verifies the client specific needs and selects appropriate equipment based on assessment while adhering to physician orders. Generates Homecare order to meet client needs and ensures completion of all documentation and paperwork.
- Customer Service: Provides extraordinary customer service. Responds to both telephone and in-person requests for information in an accurate and timely manner. Ensures customer (e.g. referral source, co-worker, and patient) requests are triaged and handled appropriately and in a timely manner. Handles difficult situations with all customers in a positive, tactful, and professional manner. Provides instruction to clients and/or caregivers in the use, care and safety of supplies and equipment provided. Makes timely and accurate deliveries.
- Order Processing/Documentation Requirements: Accurately completes or updates the following information as appropriate: Delivery or Pickup Ticket; handwritten sales invoice, delivery documentation via scan gun; Rental agreement, Return/exchange form; HME Assessment form; and Driver's Daily Activity Log. Maintains an understanding of Medicare, Medicaid and third party billing requirements and all components of Homcare's equipment order processing system.
- Equipment and Supply Acquisition: Works with the store warehouse person in the acquisition of appropriate medical equipment and supplies in order to maintain acceptable par levels in stock.
- Communicates any problems regarding the patient's condition, use of supplies and or equipment to the appropriate staff. Demonstrates keen problem identification skills and resolution abilities and addresses them in a timely manner.
- Completes charting and assessment notes in patient account for all respiratory equipment setups and/or exchanges of respiratory equipment. Logs appropriate progress notes in patient accounts as necessary. LOX employees only: Liquid Oxygen (LOX) Systems Handling. Maintains a high degree of knowledge related to how (LOX) systems work and how to operate them safely and properly.
- Entry Rate: $14.34 (varies depending on experience)
- Benefits Eligible: Yes, full benefits package including dental, vision, health, pension, 401k, and others.
- Shift Details: Updated 02/05/18 - Varying morning and evening shifts, with on-call and weekend rotations.
- Department: Homecare & Hospice
Additional Information: This position is one of our DOT position and requires an individual to have there CDL.
Acceptable driving record to comply with the policies and procedures maintaining insurability of Intermountain Healthcare ( Generally, a potential new hire can have no more than three moving violations in the last three years )
- Valid driver’s license with no restrictions.
- Valid CDL Medical Card
- Be 21 or older as required by the DOT to operate a commercial motor vehicle.
- Pass a driver’s road test as required by DOT to operate a commercial motor vehicle.
- Current driver's license, insured and reliable transportation and an acceptable driving record.
- LOX employees only: CDL Licensure.
- LOX employees only: Current-Hazmat Endorsement.
- Three years customer service experience.
- Effective communication and telephone skills.
- Organizational skills and ability to set priorities.
- Work independently and be self-motivated.
- Basic computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets, internet and e-mail.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate and identify HME equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with both patients/customers and /or patient care providers, that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, equipment alarms, customer/patient needs, and issues quickly and accurately.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care; accessing needed information; dialing in settings on equipment; changing filters; and, threading of connectors and other equipment accessories.
- Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Expected to utilize full range of movement in doing so. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to stand and walk to assist with distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling all types of HME/Respiratory equipment including 02 cylinders and hospital beds and other heavy items. Often required to set up equipment in crowded apartment buildings and rooms (full of furniture, equipment, power cords on the floor, etc). Need to ascend and descend multiple flights of stairs or uneven surfaces in order to access patients/customers in their homes. Employee needs to be able to squat/kneel in order to install HME equipment in the home.
- Expected to drive a vehicle which requires sitting, seeing and reading signs, traffic signals, and other vehicles.
- Experience in a health care related field.
- Medical equipment experience.
- Respiratory care knowledge either through work or school experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location HCS Salt Lake City Homecare
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City