Intermountain Healthcare RN Clinical Operations Manager-Homecare in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position works in a dyad leadership structure to provide oversight of daily activities to a region within Homecare and Hospice. This person ensures optimal outcomes with caregiver engagement and the fundamentals of extraordinary care - patient experience, quality, safety, access, stewardship.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Oversees day to day operations; responsible for problem solving, and providing quality services.
- 2. Contributes to strategic planning, standardization, best practices, and attainment of organizational goals.
- 3. Responsible for successfully implementing and integrating clinical best practices by allocating available resources to promote efficient, effective, safe, and compassionate clinical care
- 4. Provides input into operational-level decisions, and keeps caregivers informed of system-wide activities and initiatives.
- 5. Facilitates collaboration among interdepartmental disciplines.
- 6. Establishes a culture that models the vision, mission, values and Intermountain Healthcare's Healing Commitments and acts as a role model.
- 7. Builds a cohesive team and promotes caregiver engagement.
- 8. Responsible for development, implementation, and management of annual capital/operating and personnel (FTE) budget for region.
- 9. Maintains knowledge of financial processes that enables effective management, problem solving, and appropriate utilization of resources. Manages expenses to meet financial goals of department.
- 10. Responsible for recruitment, retention, and caregiver satisfaction. Ensures competent and sufficient number of caregivers to meet patient care needs, which includes hiring, orientation, and managing staffing to a changing census.
- 11. Evaluates staff competencies, mentors staff, and provides professional development opportunities.
- 12. Ensures that new skill training and ongoing competency verification is completed.
- 13. Evaluates staff competency through use of performance reviews and peer reviews.
- 14. Encourages the incorporation of Healing Commitments in every aspect of patient care delivery.
- 15. Responsible for regional performance and compliance with patient safety initiatives, federal, state, and other regulatory bodies such as Joint Commission, OSHA, CMS, DOPL, and other regional specific accrediting and certifying bodies.
- 16. Ensures that conditions of participation of met.
- 17. Monitors and improves patient satisfaction scores utilizing metric, benchmarks, and reports. Develops and implements actions plan to achieve desired outcomes.
- 18. Ensures quality programs by reviewing outcomes and following up as needed to address outcome issues.
- 19. Approves, creates, and supervises new programs. Evaluates present programs, determines need for revision, and/or development of programs.
- 20. Trains and monitors staff in proper documentation, billings standards, and medical coding.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full time exempt
- Department: Home Health - Salt Lake
- Additional Details:Oversee's operations of nursing clinical staff in the Salt Lake area
- Requires duties of administrator on call on a rotational basis
- Registered Nurse preferred for this position
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited institution. Education is verified.or Bachelor's Degree in Rehab profession (physical, occupational, or speech therapy) from an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Current state license in his/her discipline.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification for healthcare providers.
- Current driver's license, insured and reliable transportation, and an acceptable driving record.
- Three years of clinical experience in his/her discipline.
- Demonstrated communication skills in recommending quality, customer service, and safety improvement measures.
- Demonstrated knowledge of mandatory, Joint Commission, state and federal regulations.
- Experience in developing and promoting programs and/or initiatives in a related setting.
- Ongoing need for caregiver to see and read information, labels, and monitors, identify equipment and supplies, and be able to assess patient needs.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require caregiver to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, etc.
- In some cases (such as when required to provide patient care) will have the same physical requirements as those of direct patient care clinician.
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Master's degree in healthcare
- Experience in a Home Care setting
- Two years of supervision experience
- Experience in managing healthcare-related business operation, including budgeting, management, billing process, compliance, quality, and accreditation
- Experience teaching/mentoring
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location HCS Salt Lake City Homecare
Expertise Nursing, Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City