Intermountain Healthcare Security Officer - Primary Childrens Hospital (Nights) in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position provides a safe environment for patients, visitors, employees and volunteers. They are responsible to enforce policy, provide assistance and direction, respond to emergencies, and to provide protection for employees, visitors and Intermountain property.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Performs routine rounds on the interior and exterior of the facility including parking areas.
- 2. Understands and enforces Intermountain Policies and Procedures and safety practices.
- 3. Responds promptly to dispatch calls and responds in a timely matter. Performs scene assessment, gathers relevant information, resolves conflict and completes appropriate documentation.
- 4. Provides directions and information to patients, visitors, employees and volunteers while in the facility or on rounds.
- 5. May complete environmental tours, lighting reports, alarm test and fire drills.
- 6. May perform specialized duties including, but not limited to, assisting with helicopter and ground patient transport, assisting with psychiatric patients, narcotic inventories, valuables transports, key control, vehicle assistance, lock outs, necropsy assistance, and code response.
- Entry Rate: $15.78 and up, depending on experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Friday - Monday 9PM to 7AM
- Department: Safety and Security
- Additional Details:This position is physically demanding at times and may require the officer to assist with restraining patients and running short distances to hospital emergencies.This position involves minor computer skills such as the use of camera and visitor management systems, as well as, word processing for report writing .
- Current Utah Driver's License
- At least 21 years of age
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Squatting / Kneeling, Standing, Walking
- Successful experience in a high-stress environment
- Exceptional customer service skills
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Expertise Facilities / Trades / Security / Warehouse
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City