Intermountain Healthcare Sleep Services Manager / Salt Lake Area in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is responsible for managing day-to-day operations and ensuring that quality patient care is provided across multiple sleep clinics and/or sleep labs throughout a designated geographic area. This includes developing, managing, and achieving budgetary and financial objectives, quality improvement initiatives, program service development, and personnel management for all assigned locations. The position works closely with providers and other members of multi-disciplinary teams to ensure the highest value sub-specialty care.
Essential Job Duties
- Demonstrates cost-effective use of resources by taking appropriate action to meet the assigned departments financial performance goals. Develops, maintains, and monitors operating and capital budgets.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates standards of care and motivates staff to provide efficient, safe, effective, and compassionate care. Holds staff accountable for outcomes using patient satisfaction metrics, national benchmarks, and other resources.
- Serves as the main resource and primary contact for providers. Proactively supports and identifies process improvements that will assist physicians with efficient operations.
- Manages human resources including: hiring, performance reviews, staff development/education, retention, scheduling, payroll, conflict resolution, disciplinary actions, and terminations.
- Responsible for documenting and maintaining staff competency information and providing necessary training. Provides or oversees orientation of new staff members and physicians.
- Resolves customer service concerns with empathy and efficient follow-through.
- Ensures facility is attractive and in good working order and that equipment is functioning properly.
- Responsible for quality assurance program.
- Meets regularly with stakeholders from key areas/departments (pulmonology, neurology, hospitalists, etc) which support sleep services to communicate the progress and needs of the Sleep Center(s).
- Develops and implements the marketing strategy for the Sleep Lab and monitors its effectiveness. Continually creates new ideas and modes of marketing sleep services.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Additional Details: This position has responsibility for Sleep Services at: Heber Valley, Park City, Intermountain Medical Center, Riverton, Alta View, LDS, and Tosh hospitals. This includes outpatient physician practices in these areas.
- Bachelor's degree obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Three years of experience working in an ambulatory health care or sleep services setting, in roles associated with patient services, finance/accounting, etc.
- Three years management experience.
- Experience in budget development and management.
- Intermediate experience using spreadsheets (formatting and using data for analysis).
- Ability to develop strong team dynamics in customer based environments.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- Masters in Business Administration or Health Services Administration.
- Experience with managing outpatient physician practices.
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care or the American Association of Sleep Medicine.
- Demonstrated leadership experience in Sleep Disorders Medicine.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location LDS Hospital
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City