Intermountain Healthcare Strategic Planning Consultant in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is accountable to support Strategic Planning and Research in assessing the external marketplace and assisting senior leadership to develop strategy for Intermountain to meet the needs of the market. This position accomplishes this by being a team member with other strategic planners, performing assigned functions, and completing special projects as may be assigned. The position supports the culture of One Intermountain and performs all work with the system and patient oriented perspective.
Essential Job Duties
- This position provides staff support to one or more clinical programs. Serves as a member of the leadership team for the clinical program. Provides strategic planning expertise to the clinical program on clinical service deployment, physician recruitment planning, and clinical program strategic and business planning.
- This position participates in the market assessment function with the other strategic planners. This includes monitoring market trends both nationally and locally, assessing the implications of the trends, and identifying opportunities and threats for Intermountain Healthcare.
- Represents strategic planning on corporate committees as assigned.
- Assists other strategic planners, senior leaders, and other leaders on their projects on an as needed basis.
- The position also serves as a consultant on a project-by-project basis, as assigned by the Vice President of Strategic Planning and Research.
- Consults on major strategy development and scenario plans for Intermountain Healthcare's system, divisions, and clinical programs.
- Consults with teams developing Intermountain Healthcare's population based management of care.
- Continually updates knowledge of audience segments, and conducts ongoing surveillance of health care and non-health-related sites to ensure that strategies provide high value content and functionality.
- Provides business analyst functions when necessary to communicate strategy requirements, specifications, and user interface design to clinical personnel. Serves as project manager as necessary for highly complex initiatives involving multiple departments, stakeholders, applications, and systems.
- Wage: Commensurate with experience
- Department: Strategic Planning
- Work Location: Key Bank Tower, Salt Lake City, UT
- Master's Degree in Hospital Administration, Business Administration, Finance. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Five years of healthcare experience.
- Expertise of hospital services, medical staff composition, and the demographics of a wide range of rural communities.
- Facilitation skills in leading groups through a planning process.
- Evidence of current knowledge of health care trends, health care delivery models, physician issues, and outside forces impacting health care delivery.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other office equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Experience in the area of strategic planning, product development, and market research.
- Experience in a role requiring strong organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- Experience in a role requiring demonstrated ability to think and plan on a broad, strategic level and able to process information and details on a micro level.
- Experience in a role requiring successful accomplishment in management of organizational projects, excellent team leadership, team participation, and data analysis skills.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Central Offices
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City