Intermountain Healthcare Support Engineer in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Support Engineer-Staff is responsible to participate in the design, development, build and release of support related tools and software, and for the proactive monitoring, problem management, root cause analysis, problem resolution and for other activities (e.g. design, development, build, release, system support, problem management, code reviews, etc.) related to best practice software development lifecycle for both pre-production and production environments. Provides support to Intermountain's business applications (ERP, SCM, WMS, HCM, EPM), PeopleSoft, eBusiness Suite, Hyperion Planning, and other custom built and purchased edge solutions which integrate to these suites.
Adopts best practice standards that are in line with the global IS and business strategies. The staff role is an entry level contributor in software development and problem management skills as well as in business domain knowledge. Responsible for implementing and/or integrating new products, processes, methodologies, frameworks, and technologies.
Essential Job Duties
1. Participates in the teams assigned throughout all phases of the software development lifecycle and the production use of the products in order to proactively deliver working solutions on less-complex solutions that are performant, reliable, and supportable.
2. Under supervision codes, tests, debugs, and documents programs across multiple computing environments, and enhances the monitoring and support tools of existing programs to ensure that production systems continue to meet user needs.
3. Under supervision, creates software and follows defined support engineering processes, practices and operations to ensure rigorous support engineering and problem management functions that lead to true root cause identification and resolution or mitigation.
4. Under supervision, creates support engineering tools (development, testing and deployment) for assigned products / platforms.
5. Assists in proactively managing and collaborating with other IS operations teams in the support and management of Clinical Systems. For assigned products, participates in the clinical systems production emergency event management processes and the review of production events and problem management for every event. Complies with documentation standards.
6. Participates in ensuring appropriate CAPA and other regulatory related processes and documentation occur.
7. Under supervision executes the tools / functions needed to capture and review defined metrics used to measure quality and productivity associated with support engineering and assigned systems build / release and systems administration activities. Creates tools / functions, as needed, to achieve this.
8. Participates in the oversight of hazard and risk analysis of software design, development, defect management, problem management and production readiness.
9. Under supervision, promotes codes / configurations in a manner that ensures production system stability.
10. Leads the training and knowledge hand-off activity to the applicable Clinical Systems Support Operations team for products / platforms, as assigned.
11. Manages scope, risk, issues, and budgets; resolves issues as appropriate, escalating when necessary for assigned products / platforms of moderate levels of complexity.
12. Under supervision, performs software installation on enterprise systems
13. Maintains technical and business knowledge for areas of responsibility. Maintains an understanding of industry application development best practices, tools, programming languages and techniques. Keeps current with new developments in the information technology industry.
14. Recommends business and technical requirements for the support engineering function.
Minimum Requirements (Staff level)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, programming, or other computer related degrees (eg. Computer Information Systems, Business Information Systems, Management Information Systems). Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified. -or- Four years of computer related equivalent technical experience (eg. Software Engineering, Database Administration, or technical analyst role).
- Two years professional software development or support engineering experience.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to communicate information.
- Operate computers and other IT equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Experience with business applications (ERP, SCM, HCM, EPM), PeopleSoft, eBusiness Suite, Hyperion, and Planning.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Two years of healthcare related software development or support engineering experience.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Adept at conducting research into software-related issues and products.
- Ability to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Highly self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Employee Services
Expertise Information Technology
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Murray, US-UT-Salt Lake City