Intermountain Healthcare System Support in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Systems Support Technician - Senior is responsible to coordinate, implement, support, maintain and troubleshoot computers, networks, and other devices. Senior-level professional experienced in all aspects of system support and technology. Encompasses full knowledge required within the support specialty area. Typically designs and develops approaches that are implemented by others. Functions independently with minimal oversight and direction. Provides technical and professional guidance and leadership to peers.
Essential Job Duties
- 1. Performs onsite analysis, diagnoses, and resolution of complex information technology problems (computers, networks, IP phones, wireless, printers, scanners, etc.), and recommends and implements corrective solutions. Assists other teams to resolve issues.
- 2. Installs, configures, tests, maintains, monitors, and troubleshoots end-user workstations and related hardware and software in order to deliver required desktop service levels.
- 3. Resolves and documents resolution of service desk incidents and requests in a timely manner as specified by approved Operational Level Agreements and Service Level Agreements.
- 4. Implements and supports network devices and systems.
- 5. Participates in completing complex projects following enterprise standards. Ensures that key stakeholders both inside and outside of Information Systems are updated on project status, issues, barriers, etc.
- 6. Assists in creating and maintains critical support documentation in the enterprise defined knowledge repository.
- 7. Implements enterprise defined security policies (hardware and software) and assists in the monitoring of compliance for users, systems and devices.
- 8. Participates in the definition of enterprise standards, processes and procedures.
- 9. Contributes information for the development of annual operational and capital budgets with a primary focus on equipment refresh and anticipated growth needed to support the business needs.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: full time, exempt
- Department: Client Field Services
- Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Minimum Requirements (Senior level)
- Valid driver's license. (Position may often require individual to travel between facilities to provide support)
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or management of information systems. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.or Four years experience in a system support or other computer science / management information system related technical field (hardware support, etc.).
- Six years of system support experience, or any combination of computer related technical education (computer science / management of information systems or other similar technology based degree) and other computer science / management of information or systems related technical field experience.
- Proven experience with troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Demonstrated in depth understanding of networking fundamentals and active directory.
- Demonstrated expert knowledge of industry standard word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of industry standard email systems.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, and identify volume, tone, and quality of telecom signals.
- Support the weight of IT equipment while transporting it. Push or pull portable equipment, including heavy items.
- Ascend and descend stairs or ladders to service IT equipment needs.
- Move around on hands and knees. Lower body by bending at the hips and the knees or to place body weight on one or both knees.
- Raise or lower an object from one level to another.
- Operate IT equipment, tools, and computers requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Transport oneself from place to place.
- Certifications: CompTIA A Plus, CompTIA Network Plus, Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP), Microsoft Certified Desktop Support Technician (MCDST), Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Microsoft Certified Master
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Self motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience in a healthcare environment.
- Experience in leading projects and directing people.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Intermountain Medical Center
Expertise Information Technology
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City