Intermountain Healthcare Telehealth Connect Care Administrator in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This position is responsible for all aspects of Intermountain Healthcare's Teleservices strategy including all operations related to Connect Care, Connect Care Pro, Connect Care Pediatrics, Provider Support Services, Patient Placement, Transfer Center, and Development. With 6 direct reports, this role will lead effective coordination across the Intermountain system, acting as administrator for a virtual hospital. This includes high level management and leadership of all strategies, resources, IT, Clinical Services and teams. This person will be the leader of the Teleservices strategic planning, business development, and growth opportunities for Intermountain Healthcare, specifically in using Teleservices to enhance access, improve clinical outcomes, and gain efficiency that adds value to the healthcare proposition. This position leads the Teleservices efforts to strengthen and enhance relationships between facilities and providers, and expand into new markets. This requires frequent interaction with administrative leaders, clinical leaders, and subject matter experts throughout Intermountain and across the healthcare industry. Facilitates health care services that provide exceptional quality while maintaining a cost structure that is beneficial to Intermountain, its patients, and community. Ensures that policies, procedures, activities, and strategies are consistent with and coordinated with those of Intermountain Healthcare.
Successful candidates will be smart, engaged, strong leaders with healthcare experience preferably in the Telehealth arena. They will be collaborative, forward thinkers who are visionary, bold, responsive and hardworking. Intuitively delegating when needed.yet not afraid to roll up your shirt sleeves and effectively do the work.
Essential Job Duties
- Accountable for all operations related to Connect Care, Connect Care Pro, Connect Care Pediatrics, Provider Support Services, Patient Placement, Transfer Center, and Technology and Development.
- Works in close collaboration with Intermountain Connect Medical Director as well as Intermountain clinical programs, Specialty Based Care, and Community Based Care.
- Accountable for all patient safety and outcomes of Intermountain Connect services.
- Promotes the mission, vision and values of Intermountain Healthcare.
- Determines avenues to improve the value of care and services.
- Identifies new opportunities for the deployment of virtual solutions that improve the care process.
- Identifies and defines opportunities to deploy and develop internal tele-solutions on a broader scale that will define the virtual system outreach strategy.
- Understands the needs of both clinicians and patients, and finds Intermountain solutions that provide value to both.
- Monitors national healthcare tele-service providers and local competitor's services, strategies, and industry trends. Educates Intermountain leadership on the evolving strategic landscape in order to lead and guide long term programs to continue to magnify Intermountain's standing as a leading institution in the virtual healthcare landscape.
- Effectively coordinates tele-service efforts and strategies across the system to create a seamless tele-service approach across all of Intermountain.
- Responsible for developing, implementing, monitoring, and evaluating the quality of services provided by tele-service processes including quality, service, access, and customer satisfaction. This includes assisting in the development of metrics and dashboards to monitor performance.
- Collects data, defines metrics, and establishes thresholds for program success through measuring and reporting performance.
- Displays original thinking and creativity; meets challenges with resourcefulness; generates suggestions for improving work; develops innovative approaches and ideas; and presents ideas and information in an effective manner.
- May coordinate or oversee contracting functions as necessary.
- Creates and leads a high performance team in tele-service development and deployment.
- Wage: Commensurate with experience
- Department: Telehealth
- Work Location: Key Bank Tower, Salt Lake City, UT
- Master's degree from an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- Ten years of management experience in a hospital or healthcare environment,or Five years of experience in an executive leadership role.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated expertise in project planning and leading teams.
- Demonstrated experience in process improvement.
- Strong interpersonal and effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to facilitate interdisciplinary teams and to develop effective relationship with individuals from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks.
- Interact with others requiring employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information.
- Operate computers, telephones, office equipment, and manipulate paper requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read computer monitors and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Experience building and deploying strategy in tele-services.
- Experience in leading change and working broadly throughout a healthcare organization with administration, IT, hospital, and medical staff.
- Experience in an integrated healthcare delivery system.
- Demonstrated experience in using technology to improve clinical care processes.
- Experience in regional strategic planning.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Central Offices
Expertise Business / Administration
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City