Intermountain Healthcare Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) - Alta View Hospital in Sandy, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Provides assistance to the physical therapist in developing and implementing physical therapy treatment, procedures and related activities for direct patient care.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides appropriate and competent care to patients as per standards of practice, physician protocols and physical therapist direction in the ongoing established patient care plan; communicating patient assessment, progress, and concerns with a Physical Therapist.
- Completes all required documentation on each patient screened in a timely and efficient manner and abides by all established policies/procedures consistent with facility/agency standards.
- Effectively communicates with patients and families regarding treatment plans, goals, plan of care, safety procedures, and any additional educational issues.
- Performs other duties delegated by Physical Therapist appropriate for position and license that may include tracking and monitoring statistical and productivity logs.
- Monitors all departmental equipment and supplies. Recommends any deficiencies to the Physical Therapist.
- May participate in various daily operational/office responsibilities within the department such as orientation, training, assisting with students, patient billing, scheduling, and answering phones.
- Actively participates in quality assurance activities as directed.
- Entry Rate: $22.72, commensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: This PTA will be scheduled Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays 6:00 AM to 12:30 PM, and other shifts on an as-needed basis.
- Department: Alta View Hospital Physical Therapy, located in Sandy, Utah
- Current State Physical Therapist Assistant License
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Graduate from an accredited program for physical therapists assistant program.
- Basic Computer Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to develop a positive rapport with patients and team members.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Sitting, and Walking.
- One or more years experience as a Physical Therapist Assistant in outpatient / orthopedic environment.
- One year of physical therapy assistant experience with skill sets and experience with target population in job setting.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 23
Primary Work Location Alta View Hospital
Job Type Part Time