Intermountain Healthcare Pharmacist-Clinical - Homecare Oncology in South Jordan, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Clinical Oncology Pharmacist will be providing excellent clinical and customer service to our general Homecare patients and our community oncology clinics and patients. This position will support the growing general needs of homecare (antibiotics, TPN, hydration, etc.) and the oncology needs by thorough review of chemotherapy orders, compilation of oncology procedures and process and education to the Homecare pharmacist(s). This Clinical Oncology Pharmacist will work with system leaders to help facilitate the progression of the oncology practice by participating in review of policy and procedure and implementation of best practices.
Essential Job Duties
- Serve as an oncology pharmacist expert in the outpatient setting, with a focus on outpatient chemotherapy safety and appropriateness.
- Engage with clinical leaders to improve the use of chemotherapy agents and subsequent clinical outcomes through the system.
- Focus on quality and process improvement of chemotherapy agents.
- Prepare and provide education to physicians, pharmacists, nurses, other caregivers and patients.
- Participate in revenue-generating programs and other innovations pertinent to oncology.
- Partake in research initiatives around oncology.
- Participate in corporate oncology committee and other committees as assigned.
- Engage with homecare clinical teams to support homecare general clinical pharmacy practices.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: 40 hours a week. Monday through Friday. Hours are 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM.Rotating weekends/evenings.
- Department:Salt Lake City Homecare Pharmacy located at11520 S. Redwood Road, South Jordan, UT 84095.
- Additional Details: Anticipate 50 /50 split to support both Oncology services and Homecare services equally.
- Current license as a Pharmacist by state in which one practices.
- Controlled substance license.
- Current knowledge of state and federal regulations and statutes regarding the practice of pharmacy and the distribution of approved drugs, controlled substances, and investigational agents.
- Hearing/listening, manual dexterity, seeing.
- Leadership experience.
- Homecare pharmacy experience preferred.
- Completion of a PGY1 Pharmacy Practice Residency or 2 years’ homecare pharmacy experience.
- Board Certification Oncology Pharmacist within 5 years of hire.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to effectively interpret and use data.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, guide, and mentor other professionals.
- Project and program management skills.
All positions subject to close without notice. Intermountain Healthcare prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, veteran status, disability and/or genetic information.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location HCS Salt Lake City Homecare
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City, US-UT-South Jordan