Intermountain Healthcare Athletic Trainer-School Based, St George area in St George, Utah
Greater St. George & Cedar City area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The primary assignment of the Athletic Trainer is to support the medical needs of the school, while promoting the Intermountain Sports Medicine programs. Under the supervision of the team physicians, this position will provide medical coverage, both "on-the-field" and in the training room for injured athletes during practices and events. Such duties may also extend to assist other local high schools and college settings, community sporting events, and regional sporting camps/activities. This Athletic Trainer will work on a PRN, or as-needed, basis and hours worked may vary from 0 to 40 each week.
Essential Job Duties
- Carries out rehabilitation program independently after athlete/patient has been evaluated and treatment plan has been established. When evaluation has been completed by PT and/or team physician patient/athlete will be treated as per protocol. Inform therapist or physician of any problems or concerns you have with athletes/patients status or progress.
- Assess and administer first aide to injured athletes during practices and sporting events along with the appropriate documentation.
- After evaluation of all injuries, make appropriate physician referral when needed.
- Oversee the operation of training room ensuring that appropriate levels of supplies are maintained, maximal coverage is provided, and that the training room maintains a professional atmosphere.
- Must communicate effectively with coaches, school administration, parents, athletes, patients, physicians, therapist as well as other sports medicine team members.
- Maintain accurate records of all evaluations, referrals and treatments administered to patients/athletes.
Actively engaged in the implementation of marketing strategies of the Intermountain Sports Medicine Programs.
Regional/hospital specific events may include: community events such as road/bike races, Iron Man, Huntsman World Senior games, all-star tournaments, health fairs, other like events not specified.
- Also to include ownership and oversight of Value in Kind and other advertising items that may apply, such as ensuring announcements are read at games, Ads in the athletic programs, posting banners, signs and posters where appropriate, other like items not specified.
Must invest in developing strong relationships with Key Stakeholders at assigned school. Key Stakeholders include but not limited to; Athletic Director and staff, School Administration and Faculty, Coaching Staff, Boosters, and Parents.
Strategies to include but not limited to: attending school faculty, administrative, and coaching staff meetings; organize and present in-services, lectures and educational opportunities as appropriate; organize and conduct seasonal physicals and coaches conferences as appropriate; participation in off season sport camps and training as appropriate.
- Also to include extending working hours to meet the changing needs of the school/sport, to include travel to support away games, being accessible by phone at all hours for injury questions and consultations.
- Must invest in developing strong relationship with associated physicians and physical therapists.
- Must participate and commit to furthering the growth of Intermountain Sports Medicine Programs, improving our market share by influencing greater number of athletes and non-athletes i.e. Key Stakeholders, to our participating providers. Also to include attending necessary Sports Medicine staff meetings and trainings.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and professional environment at the clinics and school. Inform supervisor of any malfunctioning equipment.
- Make certain that proper return to play criteria is met before allowing participation by athlete/patient, ensuring that the best interest of the athlete/patient is always the first priority.
This is an Exempt Professional position, and the hours to accomplish said expectations will vary depending on the schools seasonal/calendar needs.
Must show flexibility in the number of hours worked; including time spent traveling to away games; may at times include weekends, early morning and late night hours.
- Entry Rate: $20.65
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: PRN/As-Needed, meaning no guaranteed shifts. Hours worked may vary from 0 to 40 each week.
- Department: Athletic Trainer Outreach
- Additional Details: While this Athletic Trainer is based at Dixie Regional River Road campus, the majority of hours worked will be spent at local schools and traveling with their sports teams.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution (degree will be verified).
- State athletic trainer license.
- National athletic trainer certification.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, MS Excel and PowerPoint.
- Demonstrated effectiveness with interpersonal relationships (i.e., athletes, school administrators and coaches, physicians, etc.).
- Hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing, sitting, speaking, squatting/kneeling, standing, and walking.
- 2 or more years of experience as an Athletic Trainer.
- Experience working with a wide variety of sports and athletic events.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Dixie Reg River Road
Job Type On-Call / PRN
Location US-UT-St George