Intermountain Healthcare Clinical Documentation Integrity Manager - Dixie Regional in St George, Utah
Greater St. George & Cedar City area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Clinical Documentation Integrity Manager is responsible for providing management and oversight of clinical documentation integrity (CDI) activities provided in an acute care hospital. This position works in partnership with the Medical Staff, nursing, clinical, and Revenue Cycle leaders to ensure the documentation in the medical record supports the patient status, severity of illness, and risk of mortality. This position has departmental accountability for hospital clinical documentation integrity (may include all or a combination of the following: concurrent and retrospective case review, mortality reviews, and other claims based measure review).
Essential Job Duties
- Manages the environment in which clinical documentation integrity is practiced. Responsible for day-to-day operations, standards of care, attainment of organizational goals, and contributes to the strategic planning process. Facilitates collaborative problem solving among interdepartmental disciplines. Allocates available resources to promote efficient, fiscally responsible, effective, safe, and compassionate care based on current standards of practice. Responsible for shared decision-making and professional autonomy by providing input into executive-level decisions, and by keeping Directors and staff informed of departmental and executive level activities as appropriate. Responsible for the implementation of the vision, mission, and values of Intermountain Healthcare's Healing Commitments.
- Contributes to the financial management of designated clinical documentation integrity, which includes assisting with the development, implementation, and monitoring of annual capital or operating and personnel (FTEs) budgets. Uses resources effectively and manages expenses to meet financial goals of the department. Provides support and education to departmental employees for meeting financial goals. Assists with the development of processes to ensure excellence with accuracy of documentation and revenue cycle management. Assures compliance with federal, state, and other regulatory compliance.
- Models and fosters an environment of professionalism. Ensures competent and sufficient number of clinical documentation integrity staff to meet clinical documentation needs, which includes hiring, orientation, and managing staffing to a changing census. Ensure that new skill training and ongoing competency verification is completed. Responsible for recruitment, retention, and employee satisfaction that keeps high performers in place and maintains focus on succession planning. Evaluate staff through use of performance reviews and peer reviews. Acts as a role model through the demonstration of personal professional development, continuous learning and competency improvement. Participates in and contributes to educational offerings and visibility in professional organizations.
- Facilitates the delivery of safe, high-quality patient care through accuracy in the medical record documentation. Responsible for departmental performance and compliance with policies and procedures, patient safety initiatives, and contractual and regulatory requirements. Supports clinical program protocols, and provides ongoing monitoring and process improvement to ensure goals are achieved. Collaborates with departments, physicians, service lines, payors, and community providers to achieve best practices across the continuum, ensuring accuracy in medical record documentation. Actively participates as a member of a professional case management organization.
- Ensures that processes and programs are in place that supports the achievement of patient satisfaction and service quality goals. Acts as a leader and mentor for staff by demonstrating Intermountain's Mission, Vision, and Values. Promotes and supports research activities.
- Collaborates with internal and external physicians to provide extraordinary care experiences for patients and achieve clinical, operational, financial, and service goals.
- Identifies gaps in the documentation that impact accuracy of patient status and follow-up needs. Supports appropriate assessment of risk status. Encourages staff participation in outside community organizations such as volunteer health clinics, health fairs, and advisory boards for not for profit organizations.
- Entry Rate: DOE
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full time, exempt
- Dixie Regional
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing.
- Current RN License.
- Three years experience in inpatient hospital care.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, monitors, identify equipment and supplies, and be able to assess patient needs.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, etc.
- Management experience in hospital Clinical Documentation Integrity.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Dixie Reg River Road
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-St George