Intermountain Healthcare Occupational Therapist Assistant (COTA) Per Diem - St George in St George, Utah
Greater St. George & Cedar City area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
On an as needed basis, under the direct supervision of a licensed Occupational Therapist, the Certified Occupational Therapist Assistant is responsible for providing therapeutic patient care services including consulting and training the patient and their caregivers. This COTA would be trained to fill in at multiple settings; Inpatient Acute Care, Acute Rehab, Outpatient Hand Clinic, Outpatient Lymphedema, Outpatient Neuro Clinic, and Outpatient Pediatrics.
Essential Job Duties
- Assists supervising therapist with rendering rehabilitative treatment according to the established plan of care with appropriate duration and intensity. Monitor patient activities and document their progress.
- Educates and trains patients and their caregivers.
- Accepts assignments from Director and/or Team Lead including case load and productivity standard.
- Communicates through written chart notes, evaluations, progress reports and discharge summaries regarding patient?s status, any complications, prognosis and plans for follow-up care.
- Records daily charges and submits for payment according to department?s billing guidelines.
- Participates in regularly scheduled meetings related to patient care and clinic operations.
- Entry Rate: $35.77
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: Per Diem, and will work on an as-needed basis. This COTA would be called to work for people that are taking sick leave, vacations, or maternity leave. They would also be called on to help during increased patient volumes.
- Department: Dixie Regional Medical Center Occupational Therapy
- Associate's degree from an accredited Occupational Therapist Assistant program (degree will be verified).
- Current license in the State of practice.
- A certified Occupational Therapist Assistant through the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers.
- Hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing, sitting, speaking, squatting/kneeling, standing, and walking.
- Previous COTA experience in multiple settings
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Dixie Regional MC
Job Type Per Diem
Location US-UT-St George