Intermountain Healthcare Occupational Therapist PPV - St. George Homecare in St George, Utah
Greater St. George & Cedar City area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Provides quality occupational therapy services to patients and families in the home in accordance with state licensure, laws, professional standards and ethics within guidelines of agency standards, policies and procedures and coordinates care with all disciplines involved.
Essential Job Duties
Follows the patient care process:
Thoroughly identifies and evaluates functional and rehabilitative needs
- Identifies and prioritizes patient needs
- Develops and implements appropriate care plan and goals
- Adjusts and updates care plan as needed
- Appropriately coordinates patient care with other disciplines
- Consistently follows the established care plan
- Provides appropriate education to patients and families
- Appropriate Utilization
- Infection Control
- Delegates and appropriately supervises occupational therapist assistants and home health aides when required
Participates in timely corrective action plans.
Demonstrates competent theoretical and technical skills pertinent to patient populations being served:
- Orthopedic protocols
- Modalities pertinent to Scope of Practice
- Functional mobility skills
- Activities of daily living skills
Demonstrates the efficient use of resources by effectively managing time, supplies and equipment and by meeting established productivity standards.
Practices within the Scope of Practice and complies with all policies, laws, licensure, regulations and standards for care pertaining to the delivery of home care services.
Provides timely and thorough documentation of the patient record consistent with agency standards.
- This position will have an hourly pay for the training and orientation phase and will then change to a pay per visit position. Pay Per Visit will be either $57.00 or $50.10 depending on years of experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: This is a Full Time - 40 hour a week position
- Work Location: This position will help cover the greater St George area
- Valid/current Occupational Therapy License in state of practice.
- Current driver's license, insured, reliable transportation and acceptable driving record.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Ability to access the Internet or a phone line transferring patient files twice a day.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Speaking, Standing, Squatting/Kneeling.
- Occupational Therapist Certification through the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT).
- 1 year experience.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location HCS St George Homecare
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-St George