Intermountain Healthcare Pediatric Speech Pathologist - Dixie Regional Medical Center in St George, Utah
Greater St. George & Cedar City area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
This Speech Pathologist will join our Pediatric Rehab Outpatient team located in St George, Utah. New graduates and those in their Clinical Fellowship year are welcome to apply.
This position is responsible for screening, testing, evaluating, diagnosing and treating disorders of speech, language, cognitive communication, voice, and swallowing. In addition, there is also responsibility for consulting, educating and training patients and their caregivers.
Essential Job Duties
- Provides clinical services, utilizing standards of care and evidence based practices, with appropriate goals, and duration and intensity of service for each patient's needs.
- Complies with department and regulatory requirements and guidelines for all types of documentation charging, and scheduling
- Supervises and educates when asked, including colleagues, new employees and students and others in training.
- Mentors student clinician externship/affiliations/ new employee(s).
- Maintains effective and appropriate communication and relationships with other professionals, patients, families and other caregivers.
- Participates in patient care conferences when appropriate, as well as staff meetings and other meetings as required or requested by supervisor.
- Entry Rate: $33.27, Commensurate with experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: Full Time exempt, This SLP will typically work 4 10-hour shifts each week during regular business hours Monday - Friday.
- Department: Pediatric Rehab
- Additional Details: List any other position Details desired
- Master's degree in Speech Language Pathology from an accredited program (degree will be verified).
- Current state Speech Pathologist license or license eligible.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Basic computer skills (word processing and email).
- Hearing/listening, lifting, manual dexterity, pulling/pushing, seeing, sitting, speaking, squatting/kneeling, standing, and walking.
- Current certificate of clinical competence.
- Pediatric Speech Pathology experience
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Dixie Regional MC
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-St George