Intermountain Healthcare Quality Assurance Coordinator - Dixie Precision Genomics - Full time in St George, Utah
Greater St. George & Cedar City area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
About Intermountain Precision Genomics
Working at the forefront of medical science and technology, Intermountain Precision Genomics , based in St George, UT, leverages the power of next-generation sequencing and state-of-the-art genomic techniques in translational research and clinical testing to enable precision medicine in cancer and other diseases.
We are a team of scientists, physicians and technicians working under visionary leadership and fueled by a passion to deliver on the promise of personalized treatments to improve patient’s lives.
We are hiring motivated individuals looking for an engaging, dynamic work environment. Ideal candidates believe they can make a difference with their talents and expertise, working collaboratively in our team to push the boundaries of medical science.
Our group is located in St. George, Utah. A beautiful community nestled in the red Sandstone Mountains of southern Utah. The gateway to some of the best National Parks in the country, with affordable cost of living, mild winters and proximity to Las Vegas as well as winter sports in Bryan Head, Utah.
Position Purpose / Job Description
Intermountain Precision Genomics is in the process of setting up a high throughput next-generation DNA Sequencing facility to conduct translation genomics research. The lab will host Illumina NovaSeqs instruments to sequence thousands of whole genomes annually from internal and external projects.
Under the direction of the Director of Shared Services and Lab management, the Quality Assurance Coordinator supports a comprehensive QA/QM program which assures compliance with all applicable regulatory and accrediting agencies. The position oversees the continuing education of laboratory staff and is responsible to maintain an appropriate level of quality and process stability throughout the laboratory and in point of care testing areas.
Essential Job Duties
- Responsible for keeping current on regulatory and compliance issues and for keeping Medical and Laboratory Directors apprised of any related changes.
- Responsible for safety reporting and risk mitigation planning and execution.
- Develops and implements standardized training and competency program in conjunction with established corporate program.
- Performs evaluation of internal controls, communications, risk assessments and maintenance of documentation as related to compliance with internal and external safety, quality, and regulatory standards.
- Facilitates policy and procedure (SOP) development and documentation.
- Maintains and/or prepares laboratories for CAP & CLIA inspection and/or certification.
- Directs internal audits and reviews that support regulatory compliance and readiness. Supports critical event management by developing tools to detect, classify, and trend errors. Participates in root cause analysis and develops corrective action plans.
- Acts as independent 3rd party in reviewing study data and documentation. Will provide assessment, corrective action plans and verify implementation of corrective action.
- Uses quality improvement expertise and tools to facilitate best practice development. Performs appropriate competency assessments.
- Assists in state licensure registration and renewal requirements.
- Assists in the submission of applications and coordinates inspections and deficiency response for regulatory and accrediting agencies. Supports the Shared Services Director by reviewing and maintaining accurate proficiency testing and response protocol.
- Acts as a mentor for new hires and students and assists in their training.
- May be responsible for organizing and coordinating student education and interns. Participates in applicable and assigned practice councils.
- Participates in new assay and/or test development activities.
- Responsible for appropriate document and change control systems.
- Will assure CLIA/GLP and HIPPA compliance and report non-conformances.
- Entry Rate: $30.24
- Full time, 40 hours per week
- Benefits Eligible
- Bachelor's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical laboratory/medical technology science. Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.
- MT/MLS/CLS certification or equivalent as approved by Lab management.
- Two years technical laboratory or laboratory quality assurance experience.
- Demonstrated word processing, spreadsheet, multimedia presentation, and laboratory systems skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Experience in developing, leading, and implementing department initiatives.
- Experience with Laboratory regulatory agencies.
- Interact with others requiring the employee to verbally communicate information.
- Operate computers and complex and delicate lab equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- See and read lab equipment, monitors, and documents.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer or other equipment.
- Certification or Training with quality assurance theory and tools.
- One year laboratory leadership experience.
- Training and experience in auditing.
- Knowledge of next generation sequencing (NGS) workflow and data integrity standards.
- Previous experience in clinical research setting performing risk-based monitoring and auditing.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Dixie Regional MC
Expertise Research / Specialty Services / Education
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-St George