Intermountain Healthcare Ultrasound Tech- CV Thoracic Surgery- St. George in St George, Utah
Greater St. George & Cedar City area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
To provide excellent customer service by performing ultrasound examinations under the direction of a physician for identification of abnormalities leading to patient diagnosis.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures proper patient identification, order verification, and prepares the patient for the exam.
- Uses proper imaging techniques to ensure timely, safe, and high quality diagnostic exams.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform any exam on all ages of patients (neonates, pediatrics, adolescents, adults and geriatrics) using appropriate protocol and following ACR guidelines.
- Demonstrates proficiency on all clinical equipment within the department.
- Completes and annotates a medically acceptable exam, following ACR guidelines while producing the maximum diagnostic information in a minimal amount of time.
- Follows appropriate protocol for medical necessity, coding and charging, obtaining consents if necessary, documenting any events that may occur, for quality, maintaining a current QC program for ACR and reporting any equipment failures or problems.
- Exhibits good safety practices in body substance protection, cleaning of equipment, using proper sterile techniques, and removing any expired materials.
- Thoroughly and accurately completes all required documentation, including time stamps and image storage.
- Entry Rate: Dependent Upon Experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: This is a Full Time position working Monday-Friday 8am-5pm. No call on the weekends.
- Department: CV-Thoracic Surgery- St. George
- ARRT Registry or ARDMS Registry. The ARDMS must include successfully completed one registry pertinent to the department (beyond physics, options include OB, abdominal, neuro, breast, and, vascular).
- Basic life support (BLS) certification for healthcare providers.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pulling/Pushing, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Standing.
- Experience with Vascular Ultrasounds
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Dixie Reg River Road
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-St George