Intermountain Healthcare Unit Education Consultant-Surgical Nursing Unit - Dixie Regional MC in St George, Utah
Greater St. George & Cedar City area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Acts as a resource, consultant and mentor to staff within department(s) or specialty care area(s). Oversees and coordinates orientation for new staff on unit. Accountable for continuing education needs of staff as directed by the region education consultant over their unit and focuses on improvement of practice and quality on unit.
Essential Job Duties
- Act as a resource, consultant, mentor and coach to staff within unit(s) or specialty care area(s).
- Partner with Region Education Consultants to write education plans for unit education and Clinical Program needs.
- Write unit specific content in consultation with the Region Education Consultant, Region Education Director, and Clinical Program Director.
- Executes education as guided by the Region Education Consultant including coordinating execution of skills pass-off requirements on the unit, teaching in-services for unit(s), and facilitating high quality and focused unit orientation for all new hires.
- Coordinates and oversees clinical coaching for new graduate nurses, as well as for experienced new hires.
- Ensure required education is completed on the unit within required timeframes, assuring competency for all staff. Follow-up with unit personnel to finish education requirements. Any verbal or written personnel discussions will be completed by unit manager.
- May participate in clinical program system-wide education teams as determined by regional consultant and system-wide clinical program leaders.
- Assesses learning needs and identifies competency gaps on the unit and defines outcomes and potential interventions to address these needs.
- Verify and document appropriate skills application after education intervention is complete.
- Coordinate with other Unit Education Consultants across the system to ensure continued competence and consistency of practice within specialties.
- Works an average of one shift in the standard per pay period to ensure clinical competency and build awareness of learning needs and quality improvement opportunities on unit.
- Conducts and assists with simulation-based training (e.g., simulation curriculum and scenario development, subject matter expert, facilitator, confederate) for new employee orientation and ongoing employee education requirements.
- Entry Rate: $30.16
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details: The education hours are 18 hours per work, and the remainder of hours to full time will be in patient care.
- Department: Surgical Nursing Unit
- Bachelor Degree in Nursing (BSN) from an accredited institution (degree will be verified).
- Current RN License in state of practice.
- Basic Life Support Certification (BLS) for healthcare providers.
- Unit specific certification as required (i.e., ACLS, PALS, etc).
- 2 years of RN experience working in the department or specialty care area.
- Leadership, mentoring, and coaching experience.
- Ongoing need for employee to see and read information, labels, assess patient needs, operate monitors, identify equipment and supplies.
- Frequent interactions with patient care providers, patients, and visitors that require employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, alarms, needs, and issues quickly and accurately, particularly during emergency situations.
- Manual dexterity of hands and fingers to manipulate complex and delicate equipment with precision and accuracy. This includes frequent computer use and typing for documenting patient care, accessing needed information, medication preparation, etc.
- Expected to lift and utilize full range of movement to transfer patients. Will also bend to retrieve, lift, and carry supplies and equipment. Typically includes items of varying weights, up to and including heavy items.
- Need to walk and assist with transporting/ambulating patients and obtaining and distributing supplies and equipment. This includes pushing/pulling gurneys and portable equipment, including heavy items. Often required to navigate crowded and busy rooms (full of equipment, power cords on the floor, etc).
- May be expected to stand in a stationary position for an extended period of time.
- National certification in area of expertise.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 36
Primary Work Location Dixie Reg River Road
Job Type Full Time
Location US-UT-St George