Intermountain Healthcare Social Worker-Clinical - Child Psych Outpatient - Primary Children's Wasatch Canyons Campus in Taylorsville, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Utilize clinical expertise to perform psychosocial assessments, develop and implement plans of care appropriate care team, assess crisis situations to appropriately provide needed resources and or referrals for the patient, and to provide family and individual treatment as indicated. Works collaboratively with patients, patient's significant other, families, healthcare providers, insurers, community resources and all other involved parties.
Essential Job Duties
- Assess the patient's medical history, mental health history, and current presentation to understand the patient's needs from treatment.
- Diagnose and treat various mental, emotional and behavioral disorders.
- Develop a plan of care either individually or with input from the patient, patient family/significant others, physicians and other members of the healthcare team.
- Modify care plans to reflect changes in the patient's status.
- Refer patients to other services to improve their well-being. These referrals may include community services, treatment programs, support groups, psychiatrists, or other mental health providers.
- Properly documents pertinent information in regard to the patient's plan of care.
- Work with the multi-disciplinary team to develop a discharge plan in order to provide further care, services, and referrals in order to ensure continuity of care.
- Comply with federal, state, local and clinical program/facility standards.
- Act within the scope of the Mental Health Practice Act.
- Entry Rate: Based on Experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Department: Child Psych Outpatient
- Additional Details: We have a Full Time - 40 hour a week Clinical Social Worker or Clinical Mental Health Coordinator position open located at our Wasatch Canyons Campus in Taylorsville
- Master's Degree in Social Work or Clinical Mental Health Counseling from an accredited institution. Degree will be verified.
- Current State Licensure as LCSW or CMHC.
- Computer Skills, i.e., email, word processing.
- Excellent communication skills; verbal and written.
- Hearing/Listening, Manual Dexterity, Seeing, Sitting, Speaking, Walking, Standing.
- Experience with patients, families and treatment team.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Wasatch Canyons Camp
Expertise Family Services / Mental Health
Job Type Full Time