Intermountain Healthcare Radiology Technologist PRN-Tooele InstaCare in Tooele, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
Responsible for performing medical imaging examinations under the direction of a physician in an urgent care setting. Works as part of a specialized team that is trained in the recognition and treatment of urgent to emergent patients.
Essential Job Duties
- Ensures proper patient identification, order verification, and prepares the patient for the exam.
- Is sensitive to the patients needs throughout the procedure. Sufficiently explains to the patient and family the procedure about to be performed in order to facilitate cooperation and alleviate patient anxiety. Addresses any patient concerns.
- Performs radiologic exams that produce quality images and ensures patient and staff safety. Accomplishes this by following proper protocols, correct patient positioning, appropriate and effective use of equipment, and adherence to radiation protection and guidelines.
- Completes the Medical Assistant (MA) Competency Checklist within 90 days of hire and performs the function of an MA as required in the urgent care setting.
- Recognizes emergent patient situations and responds quickly and appropriately.
- Quickly prioritize tasks in a frequently changing environment.
- Works quickly and efficiently with a diverse patient population, from neonate to geriatric.
- Utilizes sterile technique when performing invasive procedures.
- Thoroughly and accurately completes all required documentation, including time stamps and image storage.
- Coordinates patient care and communicate pertinent information to other patient care providers following procedure.
- Maintains a clean, neat, and safe environment for patients and staff. Ensures that supplies and equipment are stored in an organized and efficient manner.
- Pursues individual education and career development opportunities, emphasizing those for new procedures and equipment.
- As appropriate, assists and instructs students and other Radiology Techs in exam protocols, procedures, positioning, and equipment.
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: This position is PRN, or as needed. Hours may fluctuate each week from 0 to 40 hours as there are no guaranteed shifts for this on-call/PRN position.
- Department: Tooele InstaCare
- ARRT Registration.
- Current Utah Rad Tech license.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for healthcare providers.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pushing/Pulling, Seeing, Speaking, Standing, Walking.
- IV Certification.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 0
Primary Work Location Tooele Instacare
Job Type On-Call / PRN