Intermountain Healthcare Operations Support Technician (Student Intern II) in West Valley City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Operations Support Technician - Associate is responsible to maintain, troubleshoot, and provide day-to-day support within Information Systems for processes, systems, applications, computers, networks, and other devices. Receive, prioritize, document and actively resolve service tickets and requests. Utilize technical documentation to efficiently troubleshoot and resolve service tickets and requests. Problem resolution may also involve the use of monitoring, diagnostic, and service request tracking tools. Gather and communicate accurate and pertinent information for escalation or handoff of unresolved issues. Maintain technical documentation of support issues and identify undocumented problems and solutions. Incumbent's ability encompasses a subset of the total knowledge required within the operations support area, and incumbent is in process of developing remaining skills. Requires additional support and/or training to become fully proficient. This position is supported by higher lever technical contributors such as the staff and senior professionals.
Essential Job Duties
- Ability to use technical documentation to perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of information technology problems.
- Ability to use technical documentation to configure, test, maintain, monitor, and troubleshoot Information Systems applications, network, and service related issues.
- Assist in resolution of service tickets and requests and close requests in a timely manner with appropriate documentation, as specified by approved Operational Level Agreements and Service Level Agreements.
- Record, track, and document the problem-solving process, including all successful and unsuccessful decisions made, and actions taken, through to final resolution.
- Assist in maintaining support documentation in the appropriate knowledge repository.
- Assist in the implementation of enterprise defined security policies (hardware and software) and assists in the monitoring of compliance for users, systems and devices.
- Build rapport with other teams. Coordinate and facilitate communication around support tickets or requests and incidents.
- Assist with incident management as directed by team lead or manager.
- Identify and learn appropriate software and hardware used and supported by the organization.
- Entry Rate: $15.00 or more.
- Benefits Eligible: No
- Shift Details: Full time, temp. up to 1 year
- Department: Web Operations
- Location: Lake Park Campus - Salt Lake City, Utah
- Student in technology fields (Computer Science, Information Systems) who is in their third or fourth year of an undergraduate program at an accredited institution. (OR) Recent graduate in these fields of education. Education is verified.
- Experience using word processing, spreadsheet, database, internet and e-mail and scheduling applications.
- Experience in a role requiring effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of troubleshooting principles, methodologies, and issue resolution techniques.
- Demonstrated basic knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Demonstrated basic understanding of networking fundamentals.
- Speaking, hearing / listening, seeing, manual dexterity
- Interact with others requiring the employee to verbally communicate as well as hear and understand spoken information, and identify volume, tone, and quality of telecom signals.
- See and read computer monitors and documents. Spend prolonged periods of time focused on computer monitors.
- Operate computers and other IT equipment requiring the ability to move fingers and hands.
- Remain sitting or standing for long periods of time to perform work on a computer, telephone, or other equipment.
- Associate's degree in computer science field or management information systems. OR two years experience in a system support or other computer science / management information system related technical field (desktop support, etc.). (Degree must be obtained through an accredited institution. Education is verified.)
- Strong interpersonal skills, written and oral communication skills, and proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to understand and learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Self motivated and directed.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience in a Healthcare environment.
- Keen attention to detail.
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location Lake Park Campus
Expertise Information Technology
Job Type Temporary
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City, US-UT-West Valley City